[lbo-talk] Against Bashing Christians

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sun Nov 7 16:25:06 PST 2004

andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> Get out of your secular ghetto, fella. If there is an
> organized left in this country, it's religious.

Yes, there are many, many religious groups (often Christian) that are part of the American left today. Certainly, one front against these evangelical/born agains be, and has been, covered by moderate Christians.

But is that the predominate divide here, secular left vs. religious left? Isn't there a substantive divide between the coastal and bordering Canada left, and those of us in red America?

Asking to the list in general, because I don't know for certain: how much of the voice of the national left comes from coastal or Canadian boarder regions? How much from fly-over states, from reliably red states? It seems to me that those in the former can take a lot more as given, and they are often in a stronger position politically, which hampers the debate over what to do about Kansas and the like.

-- Shane -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20041107/2f7887de/attachment.htm>