[lbo-talk] Barack Obama

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon Nov 8 07:43:58 PST 2004

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
> is religion now the litmus test for the secular left? not poverty,
> class, civil liberties, justice, but religion?
>
> that's a sad state of affairs.
>
> two words: arrested development.

easy fellows... as michael perelman noted, dont get your boxers in a bunch! ;-)

i do not represent the "secular left". i wrote "obama's awesome god bit scared me a bit", not "obama scares me a lot" or "obama is not a candidate for the left". do you get "litmus test" from that? and "arrested development"?

jks, do you really think i have not been out or met people? you need to walk the proverbial mile in my shoes ;-) to see/hear not just the crap that sometimes gets shouted at me, but also that i have not developed some knee-jerk response against christianity as a result.

--ravi