[lbo-talk] Barack Obama

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:59:57 PST 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:43:58 -0500, ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> wrote:
> andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> > If you find that sort of statement unsettling, you
> > Yhave to get out and meet people. <...>
> >

> Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
> > is religion now the litmus test for the secular left? not poverty,
> > class, civil liberties, justice, but religion?
> >
> > that's a sad state of affairs.
> >
> > two words: arrested development.
> >

> easy fellows... as michael perelman noted, dont get your boxers in a
> bunch! ;-)
>
> i do not represent the "secular left". i wrote "obama's awesome god bit
> scared me a bit", not "obama scares me a lot" or "obama is not a
> candidate for the left". do you get "litmus test" from that? and
> "arrested development"?

well, ok, i can see that what i took as rhetorical understatement (the phrase "a bit") may have been meant rather more straightforwardly.

as for arrested development, i wasn't accusing you of arrested development. :-) i was simply referring to the (now defunct, afaict) hip-hop group of that name.

peace