[lbo-talk] exit polls

Adam Souzis adamsz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 13:59:00 PST 2004

This blogging pollster has a good discussion of exactly how exit polls work:

http://www.mysterypollster.com/main/2004/11/exit_polls_what.html

His entries about the exit polls results are interesting, especially this one where he expresses a quite a bit of skepticism about the official reason given for Kerry's lead in the exit polls:

http://www.mysterypollster.com/main/2004/11/exit_polls_mito.html

Which triggered for me an historical question: has there ever been a time and place where elections were systematically fraudulent (in the mechanical sense) and majority of the participants actually believed in their integrity?

-- adam