[lbo-talk] exit poll change

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Mon Nov 8 14:01:49 PST 2004

CNN apparently made a statement. It's the fault of the blacks (move down a few msgs, or search on "chuck todd"):

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x1293911#1294940

At a certain point, one has to be able to just say, "Quit blowing smoke up my ass." This "correction" does nothing to explain the total flip-flop in the votes of white women. It's misdirection, embarrassing in its obviousness.

Admit the elephant standing in the room: The data were faked. They were re-written late at night to fit a consensus that said "Bush wins." Don't call this a conspiracy theory. This is just the way the media work by this point. They put their finger in the air and figure out that they're stuck on the wrong (difficult, truthful) side of a lie and have to backtrack furiously, changing facts if necessary, to save "credibility" in the face of a fait accompli. For all I know they felt perfectly justified.

I saw this CNN switcheroo myself, and I'm ashamed that for days I convinced myself that I was seeing things, that there must have been some "reasonable" explanation, like maybe my brain was going, something sensible like that.

I'm ashamed for any GIGO analysis I was doing in the days following the election, comically scanning all-but-useless massaged data, trying to explain how myself and millions of others (and Election Day reporting) could have been so blind. Here's the only kind of Election Day numbers to trust: In New Hampshire, there is a 14-point swing between exit poll figures and the "real" results (15+ for Kerry per polls, 1+ per "true" count). This just does not happen. Clinton's old toe-sucking friend, now a Republican spinmeister, said this too, of course, but that's because it proves that Kerry people were fixing exit polls! But Morris is not a "conspiracy theorist" who loses "credibility" for such pronouncements.

Fuck this shit.

Greg Palast and Bev Harris are about the only two names out there ("names" per the left's low celebrity bar) who are flat-out saying this election was fixed. They also happen to be the two people who have followed the mechanics of election fraud most closely (on our side, at least) for the last four years. I'm with them now, all the way.

This is not about Kerry. Kerry is a quitter and a coward, a man who cares more about the comfort, stability, and acceptance of his class than he does for the constitution he is sworn to uphold. This is about the thousands of people, working millions of unpaid hours, spending millions in hard-earned wages and union dues, who stood in lines for eight hours (nothing strange there! nosiree!) to vote, to fight for an election that was rigged from Day One.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: John Thornton <jthorn65 at mchsi.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:00:59 -0600