[lbo-talk] Cynthia McKinney sucks?

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Mon Nov 8 19:47:55 PST 2004

>Whatever progressive impulses Obama might have by his actions over the
>past year he has indicated that he plans to follow a path to the right of
>centrist progressives like Russ Feingold and Barbara Boxer on foreign
>policy, on domestic policy he will surely do or try do all the usual good
>things Democrats are supposed to do. Why all the fuss about an obvious
>middle-of-the-roader like Obama when an authentic radical like Cynthia
>Mckinney as made a triumphant return to Congress - depite the efforts of
>the DLC and the Republicans cheered on by Pugliese and his 'McKinneySucks'
>mob. http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2003/2003-September/023294.html

Why does Cynthia McKinney suck? I couldn't find anything negative about her except a refuted claim she said Bush had foreknowledge of the September 11th attack. She sponsored the American Health Security Act (H.R. 1200) which is about as progressive as it gets isn't it? She was also charged with being anti-semitic because of something her father said from what I gather. I don't find anything particularly sucky about her on-line so what's up?

John Thornton