[lbo-talk] Cynthia McKinney sucks?

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 05:53:00 PST 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:47:55 -0600, John Thornton <jthorn65 at mchsi.com> wrote:

> Why does Cynthia McKinney suck? I couldn't find anything negative about
> her except a refuted claim she said Bush had foreknowledge of the
> September 11th attack. She sponsored the American Health Security Act
> (H.R. 1200) which is about as progressive as it gets isn't it? She was
> also charged with being anti-semitic because of something her father
> said from what I gather. I don't find anything particularly sucky about
> her on-line so what's up?
>
> John Thornton

On the "laundry list" nothing that makes her any more progressive than any other member of the Progressive Caucus in the House. The problems are elsewhere.

She was
> also charged with being anti-semitic because of something her father
> said from what I gather.

Yup. When asked by a reporter why she lost, her Dad, a state legislator in Georgia said, "The J-E-W-S." Not rightist Jews in AIPAC, just "The Jews." (There is something about this issue that drives too many lefties round the bend, btw. The San Diego Congressional District Green Party candidate, Lawrence Rockwook aka Capt. Rock, on a DSA list, who has done good work as a veteran on war crimes for AIUSA, called me, a, "Jew baiter, " which is just bizarre.)

McKinney as I've brought up before, by quoting and citing a long paper, reprinted by the Black Commentator, by a Black political consultant, had as her volunteer coordinator, in the race she lost, Steve, "Jewish Doctots Inject Black Babies With AIDS, " Cokely. A comment that got him fired by Farrakhan.

Palestinians, absolutely need more voices in Congress. Effective ones.McKinney isn't it. -- Michael Pugliese