[lbo-talk] Sandbox Politics

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 9 14:49:23 PST 2004

Michael Dawson wrote:

>Even if any LBO-talk subscriber crafted a good message, the
>Democratic Party would not adopt and promulgate it, but, regardless,
>most LBO-talk subscribers appear uninterested in joining the Green
>Party (where they can conceivably make a measurable difference) or
>building a new one (if the Green Party withers after the 2004
>disaster).

I spent some time a few years ago trying to build the Labor Party. It was demoralizing to say the least. The Greens, as presently constituted, include some fine people (e.g. McReynolds, who isn't really a committed member) and some loons (names omitted to protect the innocent). I'm going to talk with McReynolds & his posse about what we could do in New York - but nationally, the GP is hopeless.

Doug