[lbo-talk] re: Send info on first-hand 2004 vote fraud to Kerry's brother

Cactus Pat cactuspat1 at istal.com
Tue Nov 9 18:04:02 PST 2004

follow-up - Buzzflash has a news alert -

November 9, 2004

http://www.buzzflash.com/alerts/04/11/ale04089.html

Cameron Kerry: Send Voting Problem Info to DNC

A BUZZFLASH NEWS ALERT

I am grateful to the many people who have contacted me to express their deep concern about questions of miscounting, fraud, vote suppression, and other problems on election day, especially in Florida and Ohio. Their concern reflects how much people care about the outcome of this election. I want to you to know we are not ignoring it. Election protection lawyers are still on the job in Ohio and Florida and in DC making sure all the votes are counted accurately. I have been conferring with lawyers involved and have made them aware of the information and concerns people have given me. Even if the facts don't provide a basis to change the outcome, the information will inform the continuing effort to protect the integrity of our elections.

If you have specific factual information about voting problems that could be helpful to the lawyers doing their job, please send it to vri at dnc.org rather than to me.

The election protection effort has been important to me personally, and I am proud of the 17,000 lawyers around the country who helped. It's obvious that we have a way to go still, but their efforts helped make a difference. Their work goes on.

Thank you,

Cam Kerry

A BUZZFLASH NEWS ALERT

This from a trusted source, make of it what you will. It seems to offer a glimmer of hope something is being done... CP ;>)

Everyone! Please forward to all who have specifics on vote fraud.  The send-to address below is John Kerry's brother at his law firm.  Kerry will unconcede if there is solid evidence of fraud.  We need first hand sufferers so please get this info to them!!

I am angry and getting emails and recrimination from people wondering why KERRY just caved and is not fighting this before the final count in Ohio, before any of the fraud was challenged, before New Mexico and Iowa even came in.

There is widespread feeling that he did not lose the election and that it was taken from him. There is enough here to warrant investigation and enough to challenge the results. It's coming from all corners. I understand that he has until the official count certification in Ohio to Un Concede which is several days from now.

Anyone who thinks that he should unconcede should give reasons why - whatever they noticed, particularly in Red Republican Governed States using electronic machines - and send them directly to Cameron KERRY, John Kerry's brother at his law firm at the address CKerry at Mintz.com

They should inform us if they were not allowed to vote provisionally (for whatever reason- they lost forms, ran out of forms, etc.) I personally witnessed a number of things as I reported in Texas with the DCCC. (Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee)

If you know anyone in particular in Ohio who tried to vote and was turned away at the polls please get their information and notify the campaign. They should be notified if they experienced lines longer than four hours - particularly elderly or infirm people (we call that torture when they do it to political prisoners).

They should be notified if people were told, as has been reported, that due to too many people showing up in African American precincts, particularly in Ohio where there were too few booths (some only had two or three for the entire precinct) and told because of heavy turn out they could vote on Wednesday.

If the numbers of these sorts of incidents creates a percentage margin that exceeds the margin of victory- Un Concession has to be made to challenge the count.

If people wanted to and tried to vote and were prevented or actively discouraged from doing so, that is a Civil Rights matter and must be dealt with in terms of the ultimate count.

This is the last email that I am writing on this subject in this venue. I am taking it up in other venues.

Please pass along this to your listservs so that we may make Democracy Work in America. We are not a country where he who cheats best wins.

Cynthia L. Butler BUTLER LAW FIRM, P.C. 1717 K St. NW, Suite 600 Washington, DC 20036