[lbo-talk] It All Started in the Ohio Country!

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 9 18:13:29 PST 2004

Mr. "Fuck the South" claims the American Revolution for the Northeast:

Cause we fucking founded this country, assholes. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? All that bullshit about what you think they meant by the Second Amendment giving you the right to keep your assault weapons in the glove compartment because you didn't bother to read the first half of the fucking sentence? Who do you think those wig-wearing lacy-shirt sporting revolutionaries were? They were fucking blue-staters, dickhead. Boston? Philadelphia? New York? Hello? Think there might be a reason all the fucking monuments are up here in our backyard?

<http://www.fuckthesouth.com/></blockquote>

Just like the American Crisis of 2004 (cf. <http://montages.blogspot.com/2004/11/call-on-ohio-democratic-and-green.html> and <http://montages.blogspot.com/2004/11/open-letter-to-michael-ralph-dog-john.html>), however, the origin of the American Revolution lay in the Ohio Country, the territory on which England and France staked competing claims: <http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/ohc/history/h_indian/maps/ocountry.shtml>.

In 1748, rich Virginians established the Ohio Company, one of whose investors was George Washington, to settle whites in the Ohio Country. The Ohio Company's greed for land precipitated the French and Indian War (1756-1763). The French lost, the British Empire waxed triumphant, but the British victory was short-lived.

The high costs of the French and Indian War led the British government to impose new taxes on colonists and check their westward expansion in order to minimize further conflicts with Indians -- the changes that sparked the American Revolution.

A Nader/Camejo/Green Party supporter in the Lavender City of Columbus (lesbians galore!) in the Deep Purple state of Ohio, -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>