North, South - was Re: [lbo-talk] Election result maps

DSR debburz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 08:26:09 PST 2004

> Maps and cartograms of the 2004 US presidential election results
> <http://www.cscs.umich.edu/~crshalizi/election/>

Woj, all, I think the maps show that this is cannot be simply reduced to a "North/South" dynamic at all. While the Blue states were in the north, there were also many northern states that went red, too. And the maps showing pockets of blue throughout cannot be ignored.

And yes, this is a pathetic attempt to convince the rest of you to either 1) adopt my ass and move me in, or 2) don't abandon those of us ...egads, am I even saying this phrase...LEFT BEHIND!

Heh, wouldn't it be something if the "Rapture" the fundies believe in was actually a sudden mass exodus of "blue state-of-mind" folk from the red states?

- Deborah