[lbo-talk] Ashcroft was too liberal?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 10 14:10:56 PST 2004

> Thanks. But the question of why Ashcroft is leaving is still open. The
> first thing I thought of was health---something sinister and fast like
> pancreatic cancer. Probably wishful thinking.

Could it be simply that now that Bush got re-elected, the usefulness of Christian braunen Batallionen has expired for the ruling class, and the night of the long knives has begun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives.

Ashcroft, like Ernst Roehm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohm, was popular with the rabble that brought Der Fuehrer to power but also a zealot and a lose cannon, and that bothered the elite, so he had to be replaced with more slick and agreeable functionary.

Wojtek