[lbo-talk] Where we stand today

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Nov 11 07:44:05 PST 2004

So apparently the view of the most politically sophisticated and knowledgeable LBO listers is:

1) Everyone who votes Democratic is following in the path of slave-owners and Indian haters. They are only strengthening capitalism.

2) Nothing makes any sense politically at this point but starting a new (yet again!) radical left party, which will probably take 30-40 years to achieve anything noticeable, unless it dies like all the other ones before it. In the meantime, we have to watch capitalism getting stronger.

3) Nothing can be done to improve existing labor unions. Their only function is to strengthen capitalism.

4) If the Chinese stop lending the U.S. money, capitalism may collapse. Otherwise, it is fated to get stronger and stronger.

5) The country is in the grip of a medieval religious Dark Ages, and nothing can be done to make things better except to convert every American into an atheist. Otherwise, we have to watch capitalism getting stronger and stronger.

Thanks very much for the enlightenment, guys. I'm feeling much better already!

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)