[lbo-talk] rant on

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 11 10:55:13 PST 2004

> I sent the Fuck The South rant to a very conservative relative, and he
sent
> back this from the sharp folk at Human Events:
>
> <http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=5652>
>
> They have the same idea. Indeed, the break it down by -- suuu-prize! --
skin
> color:

If the both sides want a divorce, that simplifies things tremendously and can lead to a quick resolution. That is a promising thing and should be taken seriously. I understand that a lot of New Deal dinosaurs are quite attached to the concept of the federal entity (which goes with their dream of mass mobilization) - but the Left has a much better chance in the states than on the federal level. So does the fundamentalist Right. From there, secession, or perhaps formation of the Confederate States may sound like a natural consequence.

In fact the concept of Confederate States is the guiding principle of EU. Politically, Confederacy was way ahead of its time, even though it was so backward socially.

Wojtek