[lbo-talk] rant on

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Thu Nov 11 11:08:22 PST 2004

>"but the Left has a much better chance in the states
>than on the federal level."

You keep saying this, Woj, but give us an example. It's wildly inaccurate in the case of Oregon, despite our "blue" status and tradition of occasional curveballs (bottle bill, Oregon Health Plan, legal suicide). Our state legislature is more, not less, dominated by lobbyists and money than D.C. is. Corporate advertisers purchase all the ballot-measure outcomes they want, with only about a 10-percent failure rate.

In what state could the left take over? It's not this one. No freaking way.