[lbo-talk] House of Saud Conspiracism Ate my Brain so I Read the New Internatioanlist

John Bizwas bizwas at lycos.com
Sat Nov 13 18:27:58 PST 2004

Hi, Chip writes (responses interspersed):

>>I'm the author. The article was part of a larger package of articles in the current New Internationalist magazine that talks about how antisemitism is eroding the ability of the political left to take a moral highground when criticizing the policies of the Israeli government; and how the Israeli government uses the issue as "moral justification for its policies."
http://www.newint.org/issue372/contents.htm>>

I don't think anti-semitism has eroded the moral highground, obviously. Or hadn't you noticed? Now I've been hearing crap like this from weak-kneed publications like New Statesman and New Internationalist, and it's time they were called for it. Sharon runs rampant and it's the left's fault for being anti-zionist? Where do you get this stuff? Who pays you to sit down and shut off your brain and write such nonsense?

>>The New Internationalist has a long history of supporting justice for Palestinians and peace in the Middle East. It has carried articles about increasing bigotry against Arabs and Muslims.>>

It's dreck, and it doesn't have long enough history to have a long history doing anything. No wait, it's the NEW New Internationalist as opposed to the OLD New Internationalist?

>>It would have been nice if you had bothered to do a little homework before posting your remarks.>>

It would be nice if you answered one question directed at you or met one criticism with something other than sounding like a primary school teacher who lacks an education, let alone the motivation to do any homework. Answer the question I asked of the 'authority' you cite. How does Israel rise above the interests this authority cites as the real problem in US foreign policy? Saying it doesn't make it so.

Do you really think, as Fallujah lies in ruins, an Arab city, a Muslim city lies in ruins, that ANTI-SEMITISM is the problem? Do you really think looking at ridiculous lawsuits like this (for all we know set up by the Sharon government), that ANTI-SEMITISM is the problem? Do you really think anti-semitism is the main problem facing the left? Are you even a leftist?

F -- _______________________________________________ Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10