[lbo-talk] House of Saud Conspiracism Ate my Brain so I Read the New Internatioanlist

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 19:56:53 PST 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:27:58 -0500, John Bizwas <bizwas at lycos.com> wrote:

> Now I've been hearing crap like this from weak-
> kneed publications like New Statesman.

Yup, so weak kneed they publish John Pilger's column. And their notorious, "A Kosher Conspiracy, " cover image. http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=119115&contrassID=3&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0 The 'New Anti-Semitism' Rising from the Muck: The New Anti-Semitism in Europe by Pierre-Andre Taquieff, a leading French anti-racist scholar. Just published here by Ivan R. Dee pubs. http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasite/images/iht_printed/P110202/tn.1102.40.1.jpg http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=128266&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y New Statesman apologizes for `anti-Semitic' cover - not story

By Charlotte Halle

The editor of the New Statesman has apologized for a front cover featuring a Star of David standing on a Union Jack above the headline `A Kosher Conspiracy.'

Peter Wilby's apology follows widespread criticism of the British weekly's January 14 issue, which featured two articles investigating the influence of the British media's pro-Israel lobby.

Numerous articles debating a rise in British anti-Semitism have been published in recent weeks, many referencing the New Statesman cover illustration as an example of growing anti-Semitism. "We, or, more precisely, I got it wrong," writes Wilby in the leader of this week's edition of the journal...

-- Michael Pugliese