[lbo-talk] Condomleeza Rice

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 10:42:41 PST 2004

[But let's not forget it's *what* Rice says not *how* she says it that's the problem. In a nation of mono-linguists (myself included I must admit) Rice's ability to speak four languages, with whatever degree of facility, is not the worst thing about her. She said this about her Russian skills in an interview:]

#6 - JRL 7062 Gazeta February 14, 2003 CONDOLEEZZA RICE: ALL WE NEED IS DETERMINATION Russia and the United States: dealing with challenges together Author: Andrei Shchitov

... Question: Everyone knows in Russia that you specialized in our country. How is your Russian?

Condoleezza Rice (in Russian): I speak Russian less and less frequently... I read a lot. Sometimes, I speak Russian with whoever speaks the language here. And of course, I speak Russian whenever I go to Russia.

<http://www.cdi.org/russia/johnson/7062-6.cfm>

Carl