[lbo-talk] Re: that settles it for me: they stole it!

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 17 14:20:21 PST 2004

He changed the subject thread from "A 'high degree of sophistication' to evade detection" which was posted by Leigh Meyers. The post does include the citation listed below but it is odd to change the subject and then not site the source. Makes it difficult to figure out what is being commented on. That said I don't understand the snotty e-mail from frank. The author is complaining that the foremost manufacturer of voting machines is a staunch Republican and a felon convicted of manipulating software illegally for personal gain. Not exactly the ideal situation to ensure fair elections. I think the probability that the election was rigged on a scale great enough to throw the presidency to Bush is minuscule but I am very concerned that the means to do this are in fact encoded into machines run by a company with the credibility of Diebold. The author correctly complains that this appears to give credibility to the "stolen election" conspiracy when in fact there appears to be no compelling evidence to support it. I guess frank feels that the fact that it could easily have happen but didn't means all is well?

John Thornton