[lbo-talk] Proyect on Nathan Newman and Reconstruction

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Fri Nov 19 07:11:47 PST 2004

On Nov 18, 2004, at 7:58 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Oh please. There are communists here, and not that many
> anticommunists; they're just not LNP's kind of people. Even though a
> boy leaves the sect, he still has to divide the world into the "sound"
> and the "unsound," as we used to say in the POR. As Angela M used to
> say, it's all about drawing lines, and how important or interesting is
> that, really?

Well, it's very important for those who understand politics in a quasi-military way (e.g., "militant Marxists"). The idea is that to win the political war you have to amass as large an army on your side as possible, have everyone put on uniforms so you know who is on your side and who is the enemy, and have at it.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ Rob the average man of his life-illusion and you rob him of his happiness at one stroke. (Henrik Ibsen, "The Wild Duck")