[lbo-talk] Proyect on Nathan Newman and Reconstruction

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Fri Nov 19 09:20:00 PST 2004

I first subscribed to the list a little while before Proyect unsub'd, and over what I recall was an imagined slight at that. Aside from having a page and political email list of his own, has this guy made any real contributions to the left, aside from branding people as apostates from the one true way?

If I hadn't read Doug's book _Wall Street_, I wouldn't have read _Capital_. Because of Doug, I've read some Zizek and because of him, I'm looking at Lenin. If the goal in the long run is to bring these ideas back into general circulation, debate, and--please Dog, please--real policy and activism that leads to the end of the rule of capital, a lively, non-dogmatic approach is the way to go, not sectarianism.

Curtiss