[lbo-talk] another reason to hate Joan Baez/Comment

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 13:59:09 PST 2004

Well, her first three or so discs have some glorious stuff on them, she has a magnificant voice, and her interpretations of the traditional songs are interestingly unconventional. And the song Diamonds and Rust is one of the great lost-love songs, though of course highly specific to the Dylan-Baez relationship. Her work with Rolling Thunger was good too. Finally, she did some nice work with Ennio Morricone on some songs about Sacco & Vanzetti.