[lbo-talk] I Heart Huckabees

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Nov 20 07:16:17 PST 2004

are members of the ABB crowd at all inclined to mend their ways when you have to read the relentless sniping? The aboslute _refusal_ to get a grip on why your allies took the actions they did... well, it does not make me feel as if we're on the same side. it's unfortunate, too, since regularly Justin (andie) is regularly let off the hook for his position.

i'm trying to figure it out. people spent half an hour voting. a few others spent a few hours or a day or two to get the vote out.

apparently, if everyone had spent that half hour or day or two on something the ABB critics preferred, the u.s. would be out of iraq? there'd be a stronger third party? a stronger antiwar movement?

the mistake, there, is assuming that the people who spent half an hour voting or a day or two GOTV would have, otherwise, participated in projects favored by ABB critics.

kelley

At 09:08 AM 11/20/2004, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>The Incredibles (Dir. Brad Bird, 2004) is animated by the dream life of
>people who brought you George W. Bush's second term: rich, white, and
>educated men in suburbia. So, what's left for the AnybodyButBush crowd to
>watch? I Heart Huckabees (Dir. David O. Russell,
><http://www.huckabees.com/>, 2004).
>--
>Yoshie

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling