[lbo-talk] Re: Political Cartography

Albert Sonntag berto55 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 20 18:03:46 PST 2004

jks writes:

> [...]
value theory and the like. I mean basics like, that ordinary people can manage their affairs themselves without bosses (that they don't elect), that mere ownership by itself contributes nothing to society and there is nothing that bosses do that workers cannot do as well or better, that the government is run by the rich for their benefit and not ours. Well, that last you can say. You just can't suggest that anything might be done to change it.

But it is all disintegrating before our very eyes. Change is happening all the time. What might be done will emerge in time, in the light of changing circumstances.

Can anyone on this list recommend a good English translation of Hegel's 'Phenomenology?' I have A.V. Miller's. Is there anything better?

I'd be grateful for suggestions.

Albert R. Sonntag berto55 at earthlink.net