[lbo-talk] more on Fallujah

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 15:42:51 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luke Weiger" <lweiger at umich.edu>

Though I consider this to be a tangent, I think it's ludicrous to suggest that nations necessarily lack a casus belli for war in the absence of direct provocation. I would've been fine if the Vietnamese communists had taken out the Khmer Rouge, even if there hadn't been a border dispute between the countries.

-- Luke

-----

Dearest Hobbes, by this argument it would have been perfectly fine for the Brits to wipe out the USG and citizenry for their genocide of the Indians.

Unwind all historical examples of this problem back to the Neanderthals. Discuss.

I think I'm going to read Vonnegut's Galapagos again, the beer bongs just aren't working.