[lbo-talk] singer: darwinian left

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 09:23:51 PST 2004

--- ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> wrote:

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.com/articleprint.php?num=11
> http://reason.com/0012/rb.the.shtml

I have read his essay on this subject and thought it was very important. Unfortunately, many on the postmodern left (with which I identify myself to some degree), despite all the talk about "bodies", dont pay much attention to biology, neuroscience, etc. Seems like a lot of them have not gotten much past the "tabula rasa" paradigm and discussions about genetics having any influence on human behavior gets dismissed as "essentialism".

Singer's essay addresses this problem quite well IMHO.

Thomas

===== <<If God existed, Lou Proyect wouldn't >> Thomas Seay circa 2004