[lbo-talk] The Democratic Party Successfully Legitimates the Bush Regime

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Wed Nov 24 10:28:23 PST 2004

On Nov 24, 2004, at 12:51 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> So, what did the Democratic Party accomplish in the 2004 elections
> exactly? Raised the perception that Bush "legitimately won" by 32%:
> "Still, in a telling contrast with the 2000 election, 82 percent of
> respondents said that Mr. Bush legitimately won on Nov. 2. Just before
> Election Day, 50 percent of respondents said they considered Mr.
> Bush's defeat of Al Gore in 2000 a legitimate victory" (Nagourney and
> Elder, November 23, 2004)!

Uh, excuse me, but those are two different elections. Comparing these percentages is really comparing apples and oranges.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ Politics, as a practice, whatever its professions, has always been the systematic organization of hatreds. (Henry Adams, "The Education of Henry Adams")