[lbo-talk] Moving to the Right (Ike the liberal)

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Wed Nov 24 11:14:39 PST 2004

And isn't the lesson here all about the New Deal/Full Employment era that lasted from 1935 to 1945? That ripped the RP way to the left, so that it had to front a guy like Ike to stick its foot back in the door. And the DP, too, was shifted way left by depression, FDR, and war.

I still see no reason why our rallying cry shouldn't be "New New Deal!" That was the event that threatened to improve the system. Why not revive and modernize it, then either take over the DP or start the NNDP?