[lbo-talk] Re: The Democratic Party Successfully Legitimates

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 14:27:39 PST 2004

At 04:12 PM 11/25/2004, Jon Johanning wrote:
>Of course the Constitutional amendment would have to be rushed through in
>less than 4 years (hard to do, given that very few prospective amendments
>have ever made it, and everyone would be extra-suspicious of this one,
>since it would be seen as a special-benefit operation for Der Ahnold) --
>plus, the right wing of the GOP (nowdays practically all of the GOP) would
>not be very fond of him anyway, since he is pretty Californian in his
>domestic policy ideas.

I apologize if this was already mentioned, but isn't Jeb the obvious choice? It's been floated for awhile now. Is something wrong with Jeb. He'd seem the perfect choice, in my view. Rudy is too liberal, as is Ahnold. McCain...too many Republicans just think of him as the enemy. I guess if Shrubya tapped him on the shoulder and gave him a nod....?

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling