[lbo-talk] Fantasies of Left Liberalism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 26 13:46:15 PST 2004

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> You think
> that if we managed to be Morning In America-ish all
> the time it would help us despite our lack of
> organization and resources?

There is one and only one (political) context in which a sort of bubbling optimism is called for. At the beginning of any movement those new to it are subject to early disappointment; they need to be bucked up by being told (among other things) that they are important. In particular, they need to be told that decline in membership that always periodically sets in is not their fault (even if to some extent it was).

Carrol