[lbo-talk] Re: lefty percentiles, or, why we lose?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Nov 27 14:04:34 PST 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Exactly! That is my point. How many know of The Left at all as an
>existing entity?
>
>I'm not sure why you thought this weird question countered rather than
>supported the thrust of my post.

The Nation's circ is somewhere between 160,000 and 180,000. That's not Time or People, but it's not tiny either. There are about 200 Pacifica affiliates around the U.S., broadcasting Democracy Now and such. That's not Infinity or Rush, but it's not tiny either.

Compare that with the likes of Carrol Cox, known by no more than a few hundred readers of Internet listservs.

Doug