[lbo-talk] Alexander Cockburn: 9/11 nuts have relocated to Stolen Election

knowknot at mindspring.com knowknot at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 28 13:20:04 PST 2004

On 11/28/04, "Michael Pugliese" <michael098762001 at earthlink.net> said:

> * * * So, for sure there's vote suppression in Ohio and Florida [but] I don't think it made the

> crucial difference. "Stolen election" is one way

> to divert attention from the fact that the

> Democrats had a lousy candidate and gave up on

> most of the country, investing everything in two or

> three states. * * *

In terms just of the presidential election as distinguished for those for congress and local offices, what the the democrats "give up" by not campaigning actively in states in/for which seemingly reliable (and, in fact, for the most part later verified) polling showed whichever alternative there applied of a highly probable Bush or Kerry win?