[lbo-talk] computer question

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Tue Nov 30 13:32:39 PST 2004

On Nov 30, 2004, at 2:13 PM, Seth Ackerman wrote:

> Does anyone know what the standard procedure is for transfering the
> contents
> of your old computer's hard drive onto your new computer?

Another way: I recently suffered the death of my computer (Mac) and had to replace it. At the shop, they backed up the old disk onto a DVD, and I copied it onto the disk of the new one. (In the past, when the old one still worked, I have also done it by establishing a network between the two and copying what I wanted -- I guess that's essentially the method Ravi recommended.)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org _____________________________ "Simply by being human we do not have a common bond. For all we share with all other humans is the same thing we share with all other animals -- the ability to feel pain." -- Richard Rorty