[lbo-talk] dirty bombs: a fraud

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Fri Oct 1 00:24:15 PDT 2004

>My main guru on these issues is Tom Athanasiou, along with his pal Paul
>Baer. Their web site is <http://ecoequity.org>, which has lots of links to
>the science. They are not neo-primitivists by any means. Listen to my
>interview with them at
><http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio_1.html#030313>, in which Tom
>says the Third World needs to use more energy, not less.
>
>Doug

His book Divided Planet was pretty good. His call for an increase in energy expenditures in the Third World make perfect sense but it is important to know that it is not a call to simply emulate the West and replicate that system elsewhere which is what most non-believers in climate change seem to want.

John Thornton