[lbo-talk] Kerry vs Bush

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 08:33:20 PDT 2004

--- jeffrey fisher <jfisher at igc.org> wrote:

> and
> scarborough, seemed to score it for kerry.
> scarborough, the real
> conservative in that group, was the one who came out
> and said he
> couldn't understand not seeing it as a clear win
> ("on points") for
> kerry.

That's true. Scarborough made another good point though. He said that whereas Kerry won the debate on points, that does not necessarily mean that he won over Middle America. Bush speaks like the "guy next door" and so connects with certain middle america types because of that. I believe that Scarborough is absolutely correct in this.

-Thomas

===== The real world gives the subset of what is; the product space represents the uncertainty of the observer. The product space may therefore change if the observer changes; and two observers may legitimately use different product spaces within which to record the same subset of actual events in some actual thing. The "constraint" is thus a relation between observer and thing; the properties of any particular constraint will depend on both the real thing and on the observer. It follows that a substantial part of the theory of organization will be concerned with properties that are not intrinsice to the thing but are relational between observer and thing.

W. Ross Ashby