[lbo-talk] LUKoil-Conoco Deal Opens Way to Iraq

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 10:04:20 PDT 2004

First, Central Asia... gotta learn to co-ordinate tactically with the Russians, as "allies", or back to cold war style posturing...

Then we "do" Iraq/Iran right, and while we're there might as well trash the whole Middle East.

"Iran has the "bomb"! let's nuke 'em..."

I can already hear it echoing ... precognition.

Where *are* the rare earths like chromium and Manganese? ... so necessary to run a war machine, make the metals.

Chromium... Antarctica Cuba Iran Oman South Africa Sudan Turkey Zimbabwe

Manganese...

Argentina Bosnia & Herzegovina Brazil Burkina Faso Cambodia China Congo And 23 more soon to be contested places on the face of a wounded planet.

http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/fields/2111.html

Nuke'em if the lackys rebel... we can replace them with workers from Malaysia... Singapore.

I have learned what Columbus did to the original inhabitants of Puerto Rico... Exterminate & Import. The originals were too fierce... made bad slaves.

After that? ... Split up the remains of "old" Europe. England will be "Airstrip One", just like Orwell predicted.

The Russian government will more than willing to help us with our little Southern Hemisphere problems like Venezuela, Mexico and Guatemala.

Australia will be a permanently established Guantanamo.

...It's Beginning. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Thursday, September 30, 2004. Page 1. LUKoil-Conoco Deal Opens Way to Iraq By Valeria Korchagina Staff Writer

In the country's biggest-ever privatization auction, ConocoPhillips on Wednesday paid nearly $2 billion for a 7.59 percent stake in LUKoil, sealing a strategic alliance between the oil majors and revitalizing energy ties between Russia and the United States.

LUKoil and ConocoPhillips also agreed Wednesday to set up two potentially lucrative joint ventures in the Timan-Pechora fields in northwest Russia and in Iraq, where a LUKoil project was thrown into doubt ahead of the U.S.-led invasion last year. [ ... ] http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2004/09/30/001.html ==============================