[lbo-talk] looking for tech writers in bay area

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Oct 1 21:33:30 PDT 2004

The writer's group I'm in charge of (as lead writer, not manager) is in dire straights: our most capable writer just quit. If you are looking for a tech writing job, or you know someone who is, please contact me offlist.

What I'm looking for is someone who can write, teach, work without close supervision, and who has some technical familiarity with computers -- has taken a programming class, knows Java or C, or both. That kind of thing. Ideally, I would like to hire two senior writers. But I'll settle for one senior and one hard-working, serious junior writer.

What we'd be documenting is described here:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/products/message_queue/

If you look at the "documentation" link on that page, it leads you to the actual manuals, so you can see what the writing is about/like. I guess you can make jokes if you like. What can I say? It's my day job.

Thanks,

Joanna