[lbo-talk] Warm summers or dark ages?

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Oct 2 21:38:22 PDT 2004

On Oct 2, 2004, at 9:59 PM, Carl Remick wrote:

> Of course, popular culture has become completely mindless and we have
> regressed over a century in political and economic consciousness, but
> it's a treat avoiding constant watch repair.

I agree about the watches (and also clocks in cars), but the questions of pop culture and political/economic consciousness were, as I understand it, outside the present topic, which relates to material culture.

If you want my opinion on those questions, I do think pop culture has regressed since the '50s, but I never have paid much attention to it. Political and economic consciousness? Hard to say -- it wasn't that great then, either.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)