[lbo-talk] Warm summers or dark ages?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 3 09:52:26 PDT 2004

Carl Remick wrote:

>Of course, popular culture has become completely mindless and we
>have regressed over a century in political and economic
>consciousness, but it's a treat avoiding constant watch repair.

When was this golden age? What were its products? The Whiffenpoof Song? Hazel? We just remember the good stuff and forget the tons of crap that all the highdomes of the time lamented. And politics - you nostalgic for Coolidge? McCarthy? Tippecanoe and Tyler too? Property requirements for the (men-only) vote? The poll tax? Jim Crow?

Doug