[lbo-talk] Warm summers or dark ages?/ Why not the best forthe working class ?

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Oct 3 08:13:04 PDT 2004

On Oct 3, 2004, at 10:06 AM, Carl Remick wrote:

> But I would say that as "golden ages" go, TV today is mainly brass.

Maybe lead? Fortunately there are other things in life to occupy oneself with. I use it mainly for watching the occasional movie, Bush/Kerry debate (but will probably skip the rest), Six Feet Under, etc. It plays a lot smaller role in my life than it used to, and it was never that big. The old broadcast networks are pathetic; I never look at them these days. PBS, of course, super-pathetic, except for a few Nova specials, etc. Tremendous waste of a medium that could be very effective.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)