[lbo-talk] Warm summers or dark ages?

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Mon Oct 4 04:25:22 PDT 2004

On Sunday, October 3, 2004, at 09:52 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Now Carl -- you don't like the Coen Bros.? How angry are you? "Miller's
> Crossing"? "Raising Arizona"? "O Brother Where Art Thou"? One of my
> fave
> films ever is "The Big Lebowski." You hated that?

I didn't care much for descriptions of Coen Brothers movies, so I skipped them (I am not a moviegoer or a video watcher) until my wife asked me to rent a couple of movies recently. I ended up with _The In-Laws_, which was very funny--I'm exceptionally fond of Albert Brooks--and _Intolerable Cruelty_, which made me laugh harder than anything since...well, I guess since we went to see David Sedaris. There were some amazingly funny scenes in that movie full of awful, awful people. That the National Organization of Marriage Attorneys, Nationwide (NOMAN) would have as its slogan, "Let NOMAN put asunder" was hilarious--that it was a throwaway gag shows how rich the movie was in hilarity.

By the way, Dennis, is the new Lenny box essential? Or can I wait?

John A