[lbo-talk] Re: lbo tv guide poll

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Oct 5 11:55:30 PDT 2004

I had wanted to ask wojtek to comment on hbo's 'the wire', which is sited in baltimore and juxtaposes streetbiz to cops to politicians. (but since he has no tv, supposed I'd have to wait for him to catch it in the neighborhood, sometime.)

Actually, Fox seemed to have started the movement to smart drama around the time of northern exposure - and certainly fired up animation. That was probably all pre-Rupert, though I don't know the history.

Martin