[lbo-talk] Vince Lombardi (Out of Iraq)

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 12:08:46 PDT 2004

> So, in the soundbite I've typed like 400 times now: marginally better
> policies and a better discursive and organizing environment. That's
> all. But this will be ignored or forgotten and I'll hear once again
> that Kerry's my fair-haired boy or some such stupid shit.
>
> Doug

Got yr. back Doug. In fact, for the first time in my political life, I'm working with local Dems on election day to get elderly and physically-limited people to the polls -- drivin' 'em myself, after I vote Kerry, of course (my first prez vote for a Dem in 20 years). This from a guy who (revealed here for the first time!) wrote material for Nader in '00. To say I'm disappointed in Nader's performance since then is severe understatement, but I'm not gonna bash him, just ignore him. And I'm gonna do what I can to get this swing state to help retire this criminal gang and create some breathing room for us and the world. But as Doug says, a different chapter of the fight begins on Nov. 3. For me, the 4th. I'll need a day to recover from celebrating Bush's fall.

DP