[lbo-talk] TV without TiVo (in which lbo-talk defends 'the sopranos')

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:08:43 PDT 2004

>I don't get the mania over the Sopranos. It's an enjoyable show,
>and Tony is a well-developed character, but I don't think it's great.
>
>My $0.02US is all,
>Curtiss

The mystery is that a lot of people (some of whom have long work hours and children) appear to have time to watch TV shows regularly. Regardless of artistic excellence (or lack thereof) of the content of a particular show, watching TV, with all the commercials that come with it, takes too much time for me. Is it that everyone has a TiVo now, fast-forwarding through commercials, and I'm the only one here who doesn't??? -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>