[lbo-talk] in which lbo-talk defends 'the sopranos'

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 6 11:02:09 PDT 2004

Eubulides wrote:

> [...]

I think I want to go way backwards on this sub-thread. I find offensive all claims that the subjective states of _some_ people are inferior to the subjective states of _other_ people. This is a profoundly reactionary tendency going back I suppose (like most reactionary tendencies) to Plato.

I personally would dive for the on/off switch if "achy-breaky-heart" (sp?) came over the radio. But as much I personally love Vivaldi's Gloria, I would find it offensive if some one were to write: "Vivaldi's Gloria gives more pleasure than "Achy-breaky-heart."

Carrol