[lbo-talk] And now, for a pee break from our sponsor

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Wed Oct 6 15:26:34 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, at 02:35 PM, frank scott wrote:

> the mute button on the remote makes it all endurable...and without all
> those ad breaks, there would be less time for a toke, going to the
> john,
> getting a nosh, reading the paper and all the other things many of us
> do
> while watching the simpsons, or football or whatever...

Okay, when I was a child, I thought the commercials were the important part, and the shows less interesting--I had a rich fantasy life based on this assumption, in fact--so take this comment with a grain of salt, but: I like commercials, just like I like top-forty radio. I think the discipline imposed by the structure of commercial interruptions has a positive effect on some broadcast productions. (Yes, I like formal poetry--why do you ask?) If left-wing radio did like the Christian stations do--formatting their messages like commercials and putting them into the broadcasts--it'd be more effective.

I also like time to go pee without missing anything (other than, possibly, the toilet, if it's an exciting show or a short break),

John A