[lbo-talk] Wired Bush

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Fri Oct 8 11:07:20 PDT 2004

What needs to be explained is why the Imperial media have managed to make these simple truths disappear -- along with some other unpleasant facts, e.g. Halliburton, those nonexistent WMDs, 8,000 US casualties in the Tigris-Euphrates meatgrinder, the US current account deficit, etc.

-- DRR

1/3 of the problem = the media filters explained by Herman and Chomsky

2/3 = the Democratic Party, which either goes lite on these (Haliburton) or helps bury them (the legality and wisdom and honesty of the Iraq crime; the real taproot of economic trouble, etc.)

Quibble about the percentages, but I don't think it's a complicated new explanation we need. It's power, man! PBS is tiny and subservient, and we're governed by a two-winged Business Party.