[lbo-talk] Al-Qaeda agents in Russia's Caucasus: FSB chief

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 09:01:07 PDT 2004

What does "the Left" stand for? Presumably, maximizing human well-being. I don't think human well-being is increased by separatism in those areas. Especially if international forces like Al-Qaeda get involved.

I think Westerners tend to romanticize secessionists. In my experience, in the modern world, they are usually pretty unsavory ultranationalists. I thought "the Left" was supposed to be cosmopolitan and believed in peaceful resolution to conflict issues. Why do they seem to support crude tribalism in so many instances?