[lbo-talk] That's Mr. Faggot to You, Pensylvania Democrat Pol Goes Off

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 9 12:46:32 PDT 2004

Something else I heard about on Fox News... http://right-thinking.com/index.php/weblog/queer_insult_for_the_straight_republican/

Queer Insult for the Straight Republican

Showing that they’re the party of tolerance and diversity, a Democrat calls a Republican a faggot.

Tensions between two of the state Senate’s most powerful senior members erupted into name-calling Wednesday night, with a Philadelphia Democrat using a derogatory term for homosexuals to denounce Republican leaders.

The language shocked members of a chamber that prides itself on decorum, and on Thursday President Pro Tempore Robert C. Jubelirer, R-Blair, called for an apology from Sen. Vincent C. Fumo.

“He called me a faggot is what he called me. And then I said, ‘What did you say?’ and he screamed it,” Jubelirer said. “That was just wrong. If he has an issue with me, that’s fine, but to use that term, ‘faggot,’ to me was a black mark, not only on him but the institution.”

The incident occurred around 10 p.m. after Republicans invoked an obscure parliamentary procedure to cut off debate on a package of changes to the slots-gambling bill passed in July. The move short-circuited the Democrats’ hopes of bringing up amendments of their own, and Fumo went ballistic, according to witnesses.

“There was an animated discussion, which I could not hear. Then, in a very loud voice, Sen. Fumo used the epithet four times that I counted,” said Radio Pennsylvania’s Ray Smith, the lone reporter to witness the entire exchange. He said the shock on senators’ faces was obvious.

The chamber was “at ease,” so video cameras apparently did not capture the incident.

“I guess he believes the stereotype of that ugly word is someone who is effeminate and doesn’t have much courage,” Jubelirer said. “It was disgusting and repulsive." Of course, the Democrat shot back with an excellent explanation for his epithet.

"I should have called them ‘girlie men,’” he said. “They have no integrity, no guts, and no class." A few thoughts. First, is there any doubt that if a Republican had called a Democrat a faggot that this would have been getting a hell of a lot more media exposure than it had thus far? Second, if the Democrat had called the Republican a n-word, would it be an acceptable excuse to say, “I should have called him a Sambo”? And third, nothing shows how joined at the scrotum the gay political movement and the Democrats are more than statements like this one, from a local gay lobbyist.

"Vince Fumo has one of the best track records of voting for, sponsoring, and co-sponsoring legislation for gay and lesbian citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania of any senator serving or who has served in the past,” Segal said. Well, as long as your track record is acceptable, you get a free pass. George W. Bush has the best track record of any president in history for appointing blacks to high office, but you still see the NAACP calling him a racist. This is just like when California’s asshat Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante used the word n-word during a Black History Month speech, and he was given a free pass by the black “leadership” because of his past record.

Democrats get the benefit of the doubt. Republicans don’t.

Posted by Lee on 10/07 at 06:48 PM in Left Wing Idiocy • (52) Comments • (0) Trackbacks • Permalink

-- Michael Pugliese