[lbo-talk] Re: Art

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sat Oct 9 16:01:44 PDT 2004

ok, since you ancients can't stop debating the pop of your day ;-), here's some more contenporary lyrics from talib kweli's song (going hard):

I got a part to play we going hard these days fuck the harder way, we doing it the smarter way To my god I pray that's how i start my day. The bullets start to spray the revolution starts today i say the shit these people. Aint got the heart to say fuck the harder way, we doing it the smarter way To my god I pray that's how i start my day. The bullets start to spray the revolution starts today

You say you never scared there's kids in other countries making jerseys, jeans, and sneakers they could never wear parents never there They're busy building homes they cant affod to buy Cars they cant afford to drive, working jobs that dont support their life You busy screaming gangsta gangsta all that talk is trife you already lost the fight if you dont know the cost of life These kids are forced to fight a war they cant outrun aint got no shoes but got a gun now where the fuck he pulled that out from people ask me how we wearing diamonds when theres little kids in Sierra Leone losing arms for crying while they're mining probably an orphan whos momma died of AIDS he built a coffin working often but he never paid forever slaving in the world thats forever cold becoming the man of the house at 11 years old this reality rap i get inside the mentality that terrorize you like a cowardly act

I was sold to a sick European by a rich African battling middle passages i cant go back again battling years of denied history, lies and mysteries wives with misty eyes watching their husbands be beaten viciously battling the wilderness of North America run by the river only stopping to pray chased by predators terrorists with etiquette who vote and kill their president their capacity for evil so evident and prevelant aint no hesitation involved a nation dissolve when we sit back waitin to evolve those who trade in freedom for their protection deserve neither not a name, not tradition, religion you learn Jesus turn the other cheek inherit the earth just stay weak fuck the way you speak. you try to run we chop off your feet fastforward to 2004 we selling raw yo this aint what im settling for i want more